Saturday, June 5, 2010

Round Robin Photo Challenge -- Garden Portraits



















For this Round Robin Photo Challenge, which comes along every two weeks, the theme is Garden Portraits. I seem to be in between blossoms out there but I did find some pretty azaleas. First, though, is the side garden, with rose bushes that don't seem at all ready to blossom (I think it's been too cold). There is another nice-sized bush along there, too.



















Here is the blossoming azalea. The ones I have are from my late husband, who planted them and cultivated them after receiving the seeds from the Royal Gardener in England many years ago. He was able to sell most of them to a neighboring nurseryman that he had worked for but kept a few for himself.



















The azaleas always bring back memories. To see more Garden Portraits, go to the link in the first sentence. This meme is always fun!

4 comments:

Carly said...

HI Suzanne :)

My goodness those are so pretty. I don't remember seeing them in that color before. I have only seen the bright pink/purple combo. I like this color combo much better. Unfortunately, that is the only flower I am allergic to. :(. SNEEZE. LOL. I have always loved them, except for that one thing. SNEEZE. LOL. Thanks for joining us this week hon! :)

Hugs, Carly

Unknown said...

Hi Suzanne,

Thanks for sharing the story, It's always nice to know the reasons and stories behind a photograph. :)

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Interesting! What a nice legacy of your late husband - flowers with a royal pedigree!

Jama said...

Gorgeous flowers!