Monday, January 12, 2009

Ellipsis Monday Photo Shoot #20 -- Snack Time!

















Carly of the blog Ellipsis has assigned Monday Photo Shoot participants the subject "Snack Time!" to photograph and talk about. This is a new favorite snack of mine, discovered on New Year's Eve day when I was shopping and found a small package of snack size Tillamook black pepper white cheddar cheese that looked good. I thought it would be excellent with garlic roasted Triscuit crackers and so I picked some of them up, too. I eat a cheese slice sandwiched in between two crackers and it is delicious! Here I have a plate full of cheese slices (my last ones) and crackers, which I will snack on this afternoon.

A later addition (because it was a later snack), diabetic cocoa and toast:

















To make the diabetic cocoa, I used the recipe for individual microwave cocoa on the Hershey's cocoa can but substituted 5 packets of Equal for the sugar. I spritzed whipped cream from a can on top. Yum!

For extra credit, we were to show our favorite dish, bowl or tray to serve the snack on, and I have the cheese and crackers on one of my favorites -- a dessert dish that goes with my tea rose stoneware from Pfaltzgraff. I love the flowers on it and the scallops around the edge.

If you would like to participate, go to Carly's site, which I linked in the first sentence, and get into the game! It's a lot of fun!

3 comments:

Jama said...

crackers and cheese sounds good to me , with a cup of hot tea it will even be perfect! but I won't say no to hot chocolate too, simply irresistable!

Carly said...

Hi Suzanne :)

Oh yum! Cheese is my weakness! All cheese, every day! LOL! Well done m'dear!

Always, Carly

Karen Funk Blocher said...

That cheese sounds great. I'll have to look for it on my next trip to the store. I love the way you have the cheese and crackers arranged also.