Saturday, May 30, 2009

Round Robin Photo Challenge -- Growing

















This time the Round Robin Photo Challenge theme is "Growing." It can be about anything that grows, but since I have just been to visit my kids and grandkids in Bend, Oregon, I thought I would make my entry be about them.

First is a picture of my grandsons Michael and Alex here at my house when they were little. Michael was just over 2 and Alex was 2 months old.


















Then is a picture of grandsons Michael, then 7, and Alex, then 5, along with their dad, Tony, at a family dinner Christmas of 2006, at my oldest son J.D. and wife Kris's house.










Next is a picture taken in Bend on May 17, just days ago, of Tony, Michael, now 10, and Alex, now 8, clowning around at a park in downtown Bend.



















Last is a more serious picture of Alex, their mother Kamie, me, and Michael. You can really see Michael's long hair here! LOL! The boys are really growing up and me -- I'm growing older. I think Kamie will always look young and pretty.



















In some ways it's difficult to see the children grow but in other ways, it is welcome. They need to mature in life.

To see other Round Robin posts go to the link in the first sentence and you will find links to the participating blogs there.

14 comments:

Carly said...

Hi Suzanne :)

Goodness what handsom young men they are! I love the first picture, it really made me smile. Thanks for that nice lady. It's always such a pleasure to come by your blog, you always lift my spirits!

Hugs, Carly

ellen b said...

Ahh kids everytime you turn around they are a foot taller!! Nice shots...

Anonymous said...

I can tell your grandsons are good kids with a big heart. How time flies, eh?
Treasure them as they grow too fast. All the best to your family.

Do visit my blog as I value your comment.

Krista Meyer said...

Kids do grow up so quickly! & yes, even though we don't admit to it often we grow right along with them. ;o) Great entry.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family: you must be really proud!

Mojo said...

Great take on the theme... I hadn't considered a series of shots to illustrate it. Nice work!

Monica said...

Our children grow way to fast don't they! I kept asking my to STOP growing but, they didn't listen to me, they still don't!

betty said...

Suzanne, thanks for visiting my growing entry and your kind comment :)

your grandsons are handsome young men! this was such a perfect entry you did to show their growth over the years! I bet you enjoyed your visit very much to see them!!

have a good Sunday :)

betty

MyMaracas said...

It is hard to see kids growing up so fast, but it's also a joy. Very handsome family!

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Very handsome guys! The family photo of all of you is great! You all look so happy! Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!

Sherrie

Far Side of Fifty said...

I can tell you are a very proud Grandma..as you should be!! They grow like little weeds some times, and are always hungry! Great entry for growing! I love Michaels hair..it is growing too! :)

Jama said...

You have a very beautiful family there!

Butch and Angie said...

Great family photos. It is great to have photos to look back on and see the changes that have taken place.

Linda said...

Aww---how fun to watch the kids grow.